One of the most interesting things he stated was that the fundamental question that Google asks with regards to SEO is, ‘Who cares?’ According to Rob, Google wants you to care about what you are producing and will it benefit anyone. Will anyone care. If the answer is yes, you will do well in your page rank.
According to Rob, there are 4 components of SEO:
1. Incoming links
2. Age of website
A couple of notes from the session:
- Leave your meta keyword fields blank.
- backlinkwatch.com is a good source to check backlinks.
- You need the most incoming links into your site to improve your SEO ranking and show Google why people should care.
- When you post something online, share it on stumbleupon.com and all other social platforms so that people can find it and if they get value from it, give them the opportunity to care and share it with others.
- Bookmark your blog post and use sites like digg.com
- Use Googles Keyword Planner to find relevant key words
Great session with a lot of great info. If you want to check out a video of the session, you can see it below: